|About This Role:||
The Director of Parking and Transportation is responsible for providing leadership, expertise, and management for the administration of Parking Services at Kansas State University. This position will be responsible for accessing, evaluating/recommending changes, and improvements for university parking and transportation. The Director will work closely with Facilities, Housing, K-State Athletics, KSU Police and the Student Access Center to ensure parking and transportation services meet the needs of the campus community.
· Directs and manages the parking and transportation shuttle services on campus to ensure quality customer service for the University’s students, faculty, staff and visitors.
· Administers and assists in financial planning, management and budget administration of the department
· Manage the integration of alternative transportation, such as shuttles, bikes, pedestrian routes, skateboards, into the campus system that compliments vehicle traffic and parking and mitigates conflict
· Responsible for the design, execution and effectiveness of a system of internal controls
· Establishes a maintenance and repair program for all existing parking lots and parking structures
· Creates department goals and initiatives
· Supervises the Parking Services staff
|Why Join Us:||Parking Services plays a vital role on the K-State campus, and they strive to provide reliable and informative customer service in a timely manner. Their goal is to give our students, faculty, staff, and visitors a positive experience. Parking Services has approximately 11,250 campus parking spaces on the Manhattan, KS campus. The parking garage opened in 2010. It has almost 1,400 stalls and a mix of student, preferred, reserved, and metered spaces. K-State proudly partners with the Flint Hills Area Transportation Agency to provide free public transportation on the Manhattan campus.
This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off-vacation, sick, and holidays.
To learn more visit: http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
|We Support Diversity and Inclusion:||Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University’s dedication to the Principles of Community.|
|What You’ll Need to Succeed:||Minimum Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5 to 10 years in parking and transportation management
· Master’s degree (Business or Public Administration)
· Demonstrated ability to organize and direct administrative operations
· Demonstrated strong customer service philosophy
· Strong interpersonal skills to relate to diverse stakeholders
· Ability to represent the university with external parties in collaborative and negotiated relationships.
· Experience supervising employees
· Experience of administrative responsibilities in parking services and/or shuttle services on a college or university campus.
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
· Certified Administrator of Public Parking certification
|How to Apply:||Applications should be submitted electronically and must include the following in a single pdf file:
|Screening of Applications Begins:||The search committee will accept applications and nominations until November 30, 2018. The committee will begin identifying candidates to interview on week of December 5, and initial interviews will take place the week of December 17.|
|Equal Employment Opportunity:||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.|
|Background Screening Statement:||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.|